Last updated October 2015
The following discloses the privacy practices of Topcatt Agency Limited and its related companies (“Topcatt”). Topcatt handles your information in accordance with the Privacy Act of New Zealand 1993.
- What information we collect,
- Who we collect it from
- Why we collect it;
- How we use that information;
- The circumstances in which we may disclose that information to others;
- Your choices in relation to your information, including how you can access and correct that information.
1. Information we collect
Information you give us:
We may collect personal information about you when you register for events, subscribe to our newsletters or mailing lists, enter Topcatt promotions or surveys or by other means. We may also collect personal information about you when you purchase our products and services and otherwise communicate with us. This personal information may include your name, contact details, email address, credit card details, place of work, position and other details necessary for us to provide the information or services you have requested.
Information you authorise others to give us:
When you inquire about or purchase products and services from us, we may ask for your consent to collect information about you from others (for example, to undertake credit checks, obtain references or to co-operate with your other service providers or suppliers). In these instances, we may collect information about you from the sources that you have authorised, such as credit rating agencies, service providers and referees.
Information from your use of our services:
We may record information about how you use and interact with our services, for example how, when, where and how often you use our products and services, login information and the internet protocol address of the device you use to access our services. We may also maintain records of your communications with our customer support team and other staff, including phone calls and emails.
Information from your use of our website:
We receive information when you interact with and use our website (meta-data). We use server logs and different Web analytic tools to help us record this information (including ‘cookies’, ‘pixel tags’ and other anonymous identifiers). These tools may gather information such as what browser and operating system you use, the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, search terms, your location and what content, products and services are viewed when visiting or registering for services on our website.
We also use third party service providers (for example, Google) to help us track the effectiveness of our website, generate visitor traffic and to display targeted advertising. These advertisements may collect anonymous information about your visits to the website on which such advertisement is placed, your interaction with these ads and the products and services offered by us and others through the use of a cookie (such as a Google Analytics or Double Click cookie), pixel tag or other web technologies. We, Google and other selected marketing organisations and may use this anonymous information to inform, optimise and provide targeted advertisements to you.
Our website may also contain links and advertisements which link to third party websites. We have no control over the privacy policies of such third parties and we encourage you to review such policies prior to providing any information to or purchasing goods or services from such third parties.
2. How we use information collected
We may use the personal information collected by us for the following purposes:
providing you with information, products or services that you have requested;
verifying that existing information we hold about you is accurate and complete;
maintaining and improving our services and website, training our staff and monitoring use of our website and services; confirming your identify, controlling unauthorised use or abuse of our services and verifying compliance with applicable laws; undertaking credit checks, invoicing and authorising and processing credit card transactions; assisting us in performing our obligations or enforcing our rights under any agreement we may have entered into with you;
We may use anonymous or ‘non-personally identifiable’ information:
to personalise and support your use of our website, our services, and/or the services of our customers; to improve our website, the customer experience, our marketing systems, and our products and services; to identify actions or transactions that originate through an affiliate marketing or supporter referral program; to deliver targeted advertisements on our website and other third party websites; to provide reporting to our current and prospective service providers; and for other historical, statistical or research and analysis purposes.
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you have subsequently consented), for other legitimate purposes (such as regulatory compliance) and as permitted or required by applicable laws.
We store and process information (both personal and non-personally identifiable information) on servers in several different countries around the world, including New Zealand, Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom. We may therefore hold or process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live. Information held in another country may be subject to the privacy laws of that country and may permit government and other regulatory authorities to access to such information in certain circumstances.
3. Information Topcatt shares
Ensuring and respecting your privacy is important to us. We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise share your personal information with third parties unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent: We may share personal information with third parties when we have your express consent to do so.
- With your employer: If your employer is our customer and your interactions with us or use of our services is in the course of your employment, your employer will have access to the information you have provided to us (including records of communications, login information and other data).
- With our contractors and service providers: We sometimes engage other trusted businesses and persons to provide services and perform functions on our behalf (for example, our e-business consultants, content specialists and credit card providers). We may provide such persons with access to personal information needed to perform their functions, based on our instructions and in accordance with appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality measures.
- Jointly provided services: In some cases we may provide services jointly with other businesses or organisations. For such ‘co-branded’ offerings in which a third party is involved, we may share or jointly collect customer information with that third party. In such cases we will make it clear at the outset who is collecting or receiving the information and whose privacy statement governs its use.
- For legal purposes: We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce our rights, to protect against harm or the rights, property or safety of others or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us.
4. Your information choices
When you provide personal information, we may offer you a choice as to whether you would like to receive further communications from us or from our partners, such as communications related to updates, upgrades and special offers. You have the right to withdraw your consent to receive such communications at any time. If you decide you no longer want to receive marketing communications or third-party promotions administered by us, you may let us know by emailing us at email@example.com or by following any unsubscribe link in our emails. Please specify which consent you are revoking in your email to us.
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our website or services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. If you set your browser to reject all cookies however, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionalities of our website or our services.
If you would like to know more about the use of anonymous browsing information to provide targeted advertisements for goods and services and your choices about not having this anonymous information used please visit:
The Google Ads Preferences Manager where you can customize Google Display Network ads or opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising; and
www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp which provides more general information about your options and third party service providers who collect anonymous information for advertising purposes.
5. Accessing and correcting Personal Information
If you contact us we may, for your protection, ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We will use all reasonable efforts to provide the access you request within 10 working days and will correct or delete any inaccurate personal information you discover unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
6. Updates to this Policy
7. How to contact us
- By postal mail addressed to us at: Topcatt, 16 Amy St, Auckland, New Zealand 1051; or
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org